Monday, February 25, 2013

Finding the new "Me"

It happens to a lot of people and it happened to me. I lost myself in motherhood.

It hurt when I realized that I didn't like the person I had become. I was a good mom but my life had become very one dimensional. It was time to take back a part of my heart, a part of my time and a part of my energy for myself.

I knew I didn't like where I was at but the more I thought about that the less happy and more stuck I felt. I needed a shift in my life and I didn't know where to find it. 

A few friends of mine mentioned that they had recently re-watched "The Secret" and were working on their new vision boards. I dismissed it but over the next few days more people, from different circles of my friends made similar comments. I realized these were some of the people that I looked up to the most.I decided to watch the movie and give it a chance. It really helped me to make a shift in my thinking, right away. 

I am starting to apply the concept in my life and even within a few days things have started to shift so distinctly. I am already happy to be myself again. I have goals again... instead of just dreams that I don't feel I can achieve. 

I am taking time to meditate again, if only for a few minutes of time. Meditating is changing my life.

I'm not writing much about this now but will be updating as changes start taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment